Tag: Symantec pcAnywhere
Symantec pcAnywhere is software that allows the user to remotely control and access another computer, establishing a 1-to-1 connection. The user can install the host and remote components together on the same PC or on two separate computers.
Reliable remote connectivity makes it easy for users to find other computers even if they are behind firewalls or routers with dynamic IP addresses. Efficient remote troubleshooting is Symantec pcAnywheres best feature. Its problem solving support tool can quickly find and diagnose problems on desktops, laptops and correct them. File transfers become a breeze, and simple and quick navigation makes the interface easy for anyone to use. Symantec’s pcAnywhere also has support for multiple platforms including: Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Pocket PC.
- Simple file transfer – Shortcut copy and paste commands for file transfers
- Smart card authentication – Supports all PC/SC compliant smart cards, along with two way communication for a technician and user collaboration
- Easy management – Manage all active sessions with ease through thumbnail display; users can jump through sessions through the thumbnails for easy maneuvering.
- Better directory performance – Search for users in Active Directory environments is a breeze with new improvements. Users can be added directly through an edit box.
- More log details – Logs and reports are more detailed than ever for more detailed logs.
- As you can see Symantec pcAnywhere is a great piece of software for anyone running a small business, or even a large company. The connection capabilities have been greatly improved for quick navigation and ease of use. For more information please visit the Symantec site.