Tag: Norton 360
In today’s modern age, keeping your computer safe from harm is a tough chore. Because so many people are using the internet nowadays, the incentive for credit card thieves and other online threats has become that much greater. We live in a world where the internet has never been so dangerous. PC internet security is the only option you have to keep your computer safe.
Norton 360 and Norton Security for Windows 7 are great tools that can help you with your internet security problems. These tools have been specifically designed to stop online threats such as:
- Root Kits
- PC Access
The greatest problem people have with programs like Norton 360 and Norton Security is their ease of installation. Fortunately, Windows 7 has made it very easy to install software. The ease of installation provided by Windows 7, combined with the user-friendly Norton 360 and Norton Security menus, makes PC internet security a breeze.
Norton 360 2010 includes top notch, advanced anti virus, rootkit, spyware, Trojans, worms and bots protection. The program runs quietly in the background without slowing your machine down.
Firewall – a two-way firewall that protects against malicious files and intruders from getting inside your system. This is a must for anyone with internet access, especially for those who do online banking or online shopping.
Internet security – a whole new take on internet security and safe web browsing. Norton 360 2010 incorporates safe search results for Google, yahoo and live.com. You are given a safety precaution about a site you are potentially going to.
PC Utility tools – included here are PC optimization and tools for tuning up your computer. This amazing tool will help your computer run smoother and faster within minutes. Best of all, it’s all at a click of a button.
Norton has been at the top of its game for the last 10 years. That game of course is antivirus technology. With a full featured list of capabilities and unique tools to help rescue PCs from modern day online warfare, it’s no surprise that Symantec’s Norton is the go-to antivirus software.
Symantec offers a variety of Norton products and one of those is Norton 360. With its quick scan time, fast-detection of Trojans, malware, viruses and spyware Norton 360 shows its greatness. With an incredible user friendly menu system, Norton 360 seems like the perfect tool for virus and malware removal.
Panda, on the other hand, is a very formidable opponent. In fact, many people will tell you they choose Panda over Norton any day of the week. Here is a list of feature comparisons on how exactly Panda anti-virus compares with Norton 360:
Norton 360 vs. Panda Anti-Virus
- Protection – Panda’s software includes antivirus, anti-malware and other online protection. Norton 360 offers antivirus, anti-malware and Trojan protection.
- Ease of instillation – Both Panda and Norton 360 are very easy to install, and both offer an immediate scan of the computer. This is a great feature.
- Features – Panda anti-virus has far fewer features than Norton 360 and it falls short.
To conclude the Norton 360 vs. Panda face-off, we have to choose a winner. Norton 360 is the clear winner here. Its easy to use menu and powerful system is no match for Panda in our test results.
Which software is better Norton 360 or Kaspersky? Kaspersky is a very formidable opponent, it has been named antivirus of the year in 2005 by VAR magazine. People always wonder which software stands out from the rest.
Most of the time, no matter what they read online, they will go with something their family members or friends suggests. We will compare these two products to make your decision that much easier.
- Real time protection – While Norton 360 real time antivirus protection did the job well, the computer was slightly more sluggish than the one using the Kaspersky antivirus protection. Both programs found the same amount of malware, Trojans and viruses.
- Effectiveness – Norton 360 is a very solid piece of software, it is able to capture and remove almost all threats, no matter how deep into the system they’ve gone. Kaspersky is also very good at removing threats accurately and independently.
- Ease of use – Norton 360 has one of the greatest menus out of any antivirus program out there. It is very easy to use and everything can be found with a few clicks. Kaspersky has an expanded tree navigation, the menu is straight forward but some of the features are very difficult to get to.
- Ease of installation – Both are very easy and fast to install, although we give Norton 360 the slight edge in speed. Kaspersky has a few more conformation windows that don’t serve any real purpose.
There you have it, the comparison is there and this is a very close call. In the end however, Norton 360 is the slight favorite.
Both of these programs do the job well, it is just a matter of which one you prefer. If you are a slightly advanced computer user, you won’t have problems with Kaspersky. If you are a novice however, you should go with Norton 360.
When it comes to computer internet security, there are quite a few tools to choose from. There are only two that stand out from the rest: Norton being one and McAfee being the other.
Ever since the beginning of mankind there has been a need for competition. Questions such as, who is the fastest? Who is the strongest? Who is the best? Always come up. When it comes to Norton 360 or McAfee, which software is the best?
Symantec’s Norton 360 is sleek and easy to use software that has been built from the ground up. It is very light on your computers hardware resources. This means that it will run in the background without slowing down the rest of your computer productivity.
McAfee’s total protection software very strong indeed; it has an array of features and a wide variety of small applications within the main software. In fact, it beats Norton 360 in that department. It has all of the features that Norton 360 does plus a full set of wireless security features. There is a problem however, McAfee has so many features that most of them are difficult to find.
Norton 360 or McAfee
Which one is the best in the end? After all the testing and scanning both McAfee and Norton 360 were able to find and remove the same threats on both computers. Both programs had about the same amount of scan-time until they finished, but in the end there can only be one winner.
Norton 360 has come out on top due to the simple fact of being very easy to use. The main menu screen is a lot more user friendly than McAfee’s version. For this reason Symantec’s product has been announced the winner. For more information please visit the Symantec website.