Tag: Mac OS antivirus programs
The world renowned antivirus protection software Norton is now available for the Mac. This means that the Mac users can get the same protection that has been available to PC owners.
The statement: Mac’s don’t have viruses is false. Mac’s do in fact have viruses but since PCs have a lot more software available, the amount of viruses on PCs is far greater than that of a Mac OS; it is like comparing the crime rate of a big city to the crime rate of a small village.
Mac’s do in fact need just as much protection as PCs and Norton delivers yet again. Here are some of the features that are included in the Mac version:
- Automatically detects and removes viruses – Offering protection against the latest threats
- Scans and cleans downloaded files – This includes e-mail attachments and all downloading files
- Protects against software vulnerabilities – Provides advanced protection against software and internet vulnerabilities
- Automatic virus detection and removal – removes viruses upon first detection
- Works with new Mac OS Xv10.5 – Includes all new Norton dashboard widget, delivering industry strength protection that won’t slow down your Mac.
As you can see, the above is self explanatory; Norton gives you the protection you need for your Mac. For more information please visit the Symantec website.