For the past 10 years, Norton antivirus has been ploughing through the competition. There have been a few strong competitors, but Norton always stands out in the end.
If you are unfamiliar with Norton antivirus 2011, here’s the background scoop:
It scans your computer for malware, spyware, viruses, Trojans and more. Once the scan is complete, the software then begins to quarantine and destroy all of these computer pests.
There is an auto-updated database of viruses and other pests, which will keep you protected from every virus possible. Since there are new viruses created every day, this is a perfect method for keep safe.
You can purchase this product online, or at your local computer store. Big houses such as London Drugs will have this product. However, if you’d like to save the most money possible, we recommend that you buy from Walmart. Buying Norton 2011 antivirus from Walmart will save you the most money possible. They have discounts and other daily deals.
For more information visit the product store.
A uniquely comprehensive, all in one suite: Norton 360 2011 is in the top of its category and it never seems to slow down. This anit-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware shark knows one thing and one thing only: to hunt and destroy unwanted viruses.
Having Norton 360 2011 is like having multiple anti-virus packages in one. This is one of the primary reasons so many people are making the switch. They are exchanging their old anti virus software for a single program.
Norton 360’s efficient design is made to meet the needs and standards of the average user. That being said, the software comes with sophisticated tools and customization capabilities for the advanced user. Norton 360 2011 works as a set-it and forget-it solution for your PC protection needs.
Norton 360 2010 includes top notch, advanced anti virus, rootkit, spyware, Trojans, worms and bots protection. The program runs quietly in the background without slowing your machine down.
Firewall – a two-way firewall that protects against malicious files and intruders from getting inside your system. This is a must for anyone with internet access, especially for those who do online banking or online shopping.
Internet security – a whole new take on internet security and safe web browsing. Norton 360 2010 incorporates safe search results for Google, yahoo and live.com. You are given a safety precaution about a site you are potentially going to.
PC Utility tools – included here are PC optimization and tools for tuning up your computer. This amazing tool will help your computer run smoother and faster within minutes. Best of all, it’s all at a click of a button.
For the last 10 years, Norton has been the leading antivirus software on the planet. With a full featured list of capabilities and unique tools to help rescue PCs from modern day online warfare, it’s no surprise that Symantec’s Norton is the go-to antivirus software.
Norton 360, in particular, is one of the many programs Norton has to offer. With its quick scan time, fast-detection of viruses and spyware and easy to use menu, Norton 360 seems like the perfect tool for virus and malware removal.
On the other hand, AVG is a very strong competitor; so strong that it has won multiple awards over the years. AVG antivirus has a wide array of protection tools to keep your computer safe from harm. How exactly does AVG compare with Norton 360, you ask. Read on and learn the features in comparison.
Norton 360 vs AVG Anti-Virus
- Scope of Protection – AVG is armed to the teeth, it covers your computer from a number of angles. Their software includes antivirus, anti-spyware and other online protection. Norton 360 offers antivirus, anti-malware and Trojan protection.
- Effectiveness – in current studies, AVG and Norton 360 were able to discover the same amount of viruses and spyware on two identical personal computers. Unfortunately, AVG had problems removing some of the harmful traces of the virus that were deep into the core of the computer. Within days the virus would return to the AVG-scanned-computer, whereas the Norton 360 PC was clean.
- Ease of instillation – Both AVG and Norton 360 are very easy to install, and both offer an immediate scan of the computer. This is a great feature.
- Ease of Use – AVG has a fair menu screen. There are a lot of options and some are hidden through sub menus, this may cause difficulties for some people. Norton 360 has one of the best menus in all of antivirus software. It is extremely easy to use, nothing is hard to find on its platform.
- Features – AVG has got Norton 360 beat in this department. The list of features is amazing and very thorough. The only problem is that Norton 360 does the same thing as AVG except it isn’t in feature form. This means that one of their features is equivalent to 3 of AVG’s. Due to its system mechanics, all of the Symantec features work together in harmony.
To conclude the Norton 360 vs. AVG battle, we have to choose a winner. Although AVG is a very strong antivirus with a lot of features, Norton 360 can do the same job slightly better. 360 is a simple program with an easy to use menu. You don’t have to be a computer expert to successfully remove any sort of threats you may encounter. Simply put, Norton 360 has AVG beat.
When it comes to computer internet security, there are quite a few tools to choose from. There are only two that stand out from the rest: Norton being one and McAfee being the other.
Ever since the beginning of mankind there has been a need for competition. Questions such as, who is the fastest? Who is the strongest? Who is the best? Always come up. When it comes to Norton 360 or McAfee, which software is the best?
Symantec’s Norton 360 is sleek and easy to use software that has been built from the ground up. It is very light on your computers hardware resources. This means that it will run in the background without slowing down the rest of your computer productivity.
McAfee’s total protection software very strong indeed; it has an array of features and a wide variety of small applications within the main software. In fact, it beats Norton 360 in that department. It has all of the features that Norton 360 does plus a full set of wireless security features. There is a problem however, McAfee has so many features that most of them are difficult to find.
Norton 360 or McAfee
Which one is the best in the end? After all the testing and scanning both McAfee and Norton 360 were able to find and remove the same threats on both computers. Both programs had about the same amount of scan-time until they finished, but in the end there can only be one winner.
Norton 360 has come out on top due to the simple fact of being very easy to use. The main menu screen is a lot more user friendly than McAfee’s version. For this reason Symantec’s product has been announced the winner. For more information please visit the Symantec website.