For the last 10 years, Norton has been the leading antivirus software on the planet. With a full featured list of capabilities and unique tools to help rescue PCs from modern day online warfare, it’s no surprise that Symantec’s Norton is the go-to antivirus software.
Norton 360, in particular, is one of the many programs Norton has to offer. With its quick scan time, fast-detection of viruses and spyware and easy to use menu, Norton 360 seems like the perfect tool for virus and malware removal.
On the other hand, AVG is a very strong competitor; so strong that it has won multiple awards over the years. AVG antivirus has a wide array of protection tools to keep your computer safe from harm. How exactly does AVG compare with Norton 360, you ask. Read on and learn the features in comparison.
Norton 360 vs AVG Anti-Virus
- Scope of Protection – AVG is armed to the teeth, it covers your computer from a number of angles. Their software includes antivirus, anti-spyware and other online protection. Norton 360 offers antivirus, anti-malware and Trojan protection.
- Effectiveness – in current studies, AVG and Norton 360 were able to discover the same amount of viruses and spyware on two identical personal computers. Unfortunately, AVG had problems removing some of the harmful traces of the virus that were deep into the core of the computer. Within days the virus would return to the AVG-scanned-computer, whereas the Norton 360 PC was clean.
- Ease of instillation – Both AVG and Norton 360 are very easy to install, and both offer an immediate scan of the computer. This is a great feature.
- Ease of Use – AVG has a fair menu screen. There are a lot of options and some are hidden through sub menus, this may cause difficulties for some people. Norton 360 has one of the best menus in all of antivirus software. It is extremely easy to use, nothing is hard to find on its platform.
- Features – AVG has got Norton 360 beat in this department. The list of features is amazing and very thorough. The only problem is that Norton 360 does the same thing as AVG except it isn’t in feature form. This means that one of their features is equivalent to 3 of AVG’s. Due to its system mechanics, all of the Symantec features work together in harmony.
To conclude the Norton 360 vs. AVG battle, we have to choose a winner. Although AVG is a very strong antivirus with a lot of features, Norton 360 can do the same job slightly better. 360 is a simple program with an easy to use menu. You don’t have to be a computer expert to successfully remove any sort of threats you may encounter. Simply put, Norton 360 has AVG beat.