Archive for April, 2010
Norton has been at the top of its game for the last 10 years. That game of course is antivirus technology. With a full featured list of capabilities and unique tools to help rescue PCs from modern day online warfare, it’s no surprise that Symantec’s Norton is the go-to antivirus software.
Symantec offers a variety of Norton products and one of those is Norton 360. With its quick scan time, fast-detection of Trojans, malware, viruses and spyware Norton 360 shows its greatness. With an incredible user friendly menu system, Norton 360 seems like the perfect tool for virus and malware removal.
Panda, on the other hand, is a very formidable opponent. In fact, many people will tell you they choose Panda over Norton any day of the week. Here is a list of feature comparisons on how exactly Panda anti-virus compares with Norton 360:
Norton 360 vs. Panda Anti-Virus
- Protection – Panda’s software includes antivirus, anti-malware and other online protection. Norton 360 offers antivirus, anti-malware and Trojan protection.
- Ease of instillation – Both Panda and Norton 360 are very easy to install, and both offer an immediate scan of the computer. This is a great feature.
- Features – Panda anti-virus has far fewer features than Norton 360 and it falls short.
To conclude the Norton 360 vs. Panda face-off, we have to choose a winner. Norton 360 is the clear winner here. Its easy to use menu and powerful system is no match for Panda in our test results.
Which software is better Norton 360 or Kaspersky? Kaspersky is a very formidable opponent, it has been named antivirus of the year in 2005 by VAR magazine. People always wonder which software stands out from the rest.
Most of the time, no matter what they read online, they will go with something their family members or friends suggests. We will compare these two products to make your decision that much easier.
- Real time protection – While Norton 360 real time antivirus protection did the job well, the computer was slightly more sluggish than the one using the Kaspersky antivirus protection. Both programs found the same amount of malware, Trojans and viruses.
- Effectiveness – Norton 360 is a very solid piece of software, it is able to capture and remove almost all threats, no matter how deep into the system they’ve gone. Kaspersky is also very good at removing threats accurately and independently.
- Ease of use – Norton 360 has one of the greatest menus out of any antivirus program out there. It is very easy to use and everything can be found with a few clicks. Kaspersky has an expanded tree navigation, the menu is straight forward but some of the features are very difficult to get to.
- Ease of installation – Both are very easy and fast to install, although we give Norton 360 the slight edge in speed. Kaspersky has a few more conformation windows that don’t serve any real purpose.
There you have it, the comparison is there and this is a very close call. In the end however, Norton 360 is the slight favorite.
Both of these programs do the job well, it is just a matter of which one you prefer. If you are a slightly advanced computer user, you won’t have problems with Kaspersky. If you are a novice however, you should go with Norton 360.
For the last 10 years, Norton has been the leading antivirus software on the planet. With a full featured list of capabilities and unique tools to help rescue PCs from modern day online warfare, it’s no surprise that Symantec’s Norton is the go-to antivirus software.
Norton 360, in particular, is one of the many programs Norton has to offer. With its quick scan time, fast-detection of viruses and spyware and easy to use menu, Norton 360 seems like the perfect tool for virus and malware removal.
On the other hand, AVG is a very strong competitor; so strong that it has won multiple awards over the years. AVG antivirus has a wide array of protection tools to keep your computer safe from harm. How exactly does AVG compare with Norton 360, you ask. Read on and learn the features in comparison.
Norton 360 vs AVG Anti-Virus
- Scope of Protection – AVG is armed to the teeth, it covers your computer from a number of angles. Their software includes antivirus, anti-spyware and other online protection. Norton 360 offers antivirus, anti-malware and Trojan protection.
- Effectiveness – in current studies, AVG and Norton 360 were able to discover the same amount of viruses and spyware on two identical personal computers. Unfortunately, AVG had problems removing some of the harmful traces of the virus that were deep into the core of the computer. Within days the virus would return to the AVG-scanned-computer, whereas the Norton 360 PC was clean.
- Ease of instillation – Both AVG and Norton 360 are very easy to install, and both offer an immediate scan of the computer. This is a great feature.
- Ease of Use – AVG has a fair menu screen. There are a lot of options and some are hidden through sub menus, this may cause difficulties for some people. Norton 360 has one of the best menus in all of antivirus software. It is extremely easy to use, nothing is hard to find on its platform.
- Features – AVG has got Norton 360 beat in this department. The list of features is amazing and very thorough. The only problem is that Norton 360 does the same thing as AVG except it isn’t in feature form. This means that one of their features is equivalent to 3 of AVG’s. Due to its system mechanics, all of the Symantec features work together in harmony.
To conclude the Norton 360 vs. AVG battle, we have to choose a winner. Although AVG is a very strong antivirus with a lot of features, Norton 360 can do the same job slightly better. 360 is a simple program with an easy to use menu. You don’t have to be a computer expert to successfully remove any sort of threats you may encounter. Simply put, Norton 360 has AVG beat.
When it comes to computer internet security, there are quite a few tools to choose from. There are only two that stand out from the rest: Norton being one and McAfee being the other.
Ever since the beginning of mankind there has been a need for competition. Questions such as, who is the fastest? Who is the strongest? Who is the best? Always come up. When it comes to Norton 360 or McAfee, which software is the best?
Symantec’s Norton 360 is sleek and easy to use software that has been built from the ground up. It is very light on your computers hardware resources. This means that it will run in the background without slowing down the rest of your computer productivity.
McAfee’s total protection software very strong indeed; it has an array of features and a wide variety of small applications within the main software. In fact, it beats Norton 360 in that department. It has all of the features that Norton 360 does plus a full set of wireless security features. There is a problem however, McAfee has so many features that most of them are difficult to find.
Norton 360 or McAfee
Which one is the best in the end? After all the testing and scanning both McAfee and Norton 360 were able to find and remove the same threats on both computers. Both programs had about the same amount of scan-time until they finished, but in the end there can only be one winner.
Norton 360 has come out on top due to the simple fact of being very easy to use. The main menu screen is a lot more user friendly than McAfee’s version. For this reason Symantec’s product has been announced the winner. For more information please visit the Symantec website.